HSK Test Introduction
What is HSK?
The HSK test measures your ability to use and understand the Chinese language as it’s read, written, heard and spoken with Chinese people. It`s the most accepted Chinese language test in the world.
In order for the HSK test to measure how well you read, listen, speak and write in Chinese, and how well you use these skills together, you’ll be asked to integrate these skills for the test. For example, you may read a passage or listen to a dialogue, and to write about what you learned. The HSK test measures your ability to integrate the four Chinese skills you need in an Chinese related setting.
HSK test is held regularly in China and other countries each year. Certificates of HSK will be issued to those who have secured the required scores.
HSK Level 1: can understand and use very simple Chinese words and phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
HSK Level 2: have an excellent grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
HSK Level 3: can communicate in Chinese at a basic level in their daily, academic and professional lives. They can manage most communication in Chinese when travelling in China.
HSK Level 4: can converse in Chinese on a wide range of topics and are able to communicate fluently with native Chinese speakers.
HSK Level 5: can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese films and plays, and give a full-length speech in Chinese.
HSK Level 6: can easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and can effectively express themselves in Chinese, both orally and on paper.
Non-native speakers (foreigners, overseas Chinese and students of Chinese national minorities).
Why Take HSK Test
The new HSK test retains the former HSK’s orientation as a general (or universal) Chinese language abilities test for adult learners. The results of the HSK test can serve several purposes:
1. A reference for an educational institution’s decision-making concerning recruiting students, assigning students to different classes, allowing students to skip certain courses and granting students academic credits.
2. A reference for employers’ decision-making concerning the recruitment, training and promotion of test takers.
3. A method for Chinese language learners to assess and improve their proficiency in Chinese.
4. A method for Chinese language training institutions to evaluate training results.
HSK Organizer and Certificate Issuer
The Chinese Ministry of Education has established China National Committee for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK)(CNCCPT). The Committee is the supervisor of HSK and the issuer of the Chinese proficiency certificates. CNCCPT has an office called Office of China National Committee for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), which takes care of the HSK affairs together with the HSK Center of BLCU.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level VI) can easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and can effectively express themselves in Chinese, both orally and on paper.
HSK Test Date (2020)
※ Score announcement delayed for one week due to festival vacation.
Registration for the HSK test
Official site -> User registration -> Test registration -> Pay-> Receive registration confirmation -> Print the admission ticket
1. User registration
Register to become a user of the Chinese testing service website, and remember your user name (mailbox) and password. To register, you need to fill in your E-mail address, nationality, date of birth, native language and other information.
2. Test registration
Select the test level, form (paper-based or Internet-based test), test center and date. Before registration, you must first know about what are the organizing forms available at the selected test center.
3. Upload a photo
Upload a standard, 2-ich identification photo in a JPG format not larger than 100KB. Test takers who register and choose to take the test at the test centers in mainland China are required to submit an electronic photo. If no photo has been uploaded or the uploaded one does not meet the requirements, test takers will not be admitted to take the test.
4. Confirm the registration information
After verifying the information, select “Confirm and Submit”.
5. Pay the test
Please complete the payment before the registration deadline; otherwise the registration is invalid. After you have successfully paid the test fee, the test cannot be cancelled. For test centers with online payment, test takers can directly pay online.
6. Receive the test registration confirmation
Test takers who have competed the registration and payment, and have filled in a valid E-mail address, will receive a registration confirmation 10 days before the test. If no confirmation is received, please contact the test site.
7. Collect/Print the test admission ticket
You may either log into the Chinese testing service website and print your test admission ticket or collect it at the test center. On the test date, you must bring and present your test admission ticket and identity certificate.
*If online registration is not available at the selected test center, you can go to the test center to complete on-site registration and payment.
1. You could possibly apply for your HSK at a nearby HSK center.
2. You will need two 2-inch bareheaded, full-faced pictures (40mm x 30mm) and show a valid identification card with your photo on it, such as your passport, driving license or residence permit.
3. You will have to pay an HSK fee and registration charge, both of which are nonrefundable (your HSK center will tell you how much you’ll pay). If you are unable to consider the scheduled HSK because of an occasion of force majeure, you need to explain to your HSK center prior to the HSK takes place to ensure that the center will make it possible for you personally to take the next HSK without paying the HSK charge once more, however you’ll have to shell out the registration fee.
4. If there’s no HSK center near you, you could register for the HSK by correspondence. You need send a copy of your passport to the center, your CV including your Chinese and English names, nationality, sex and postal address, and two pictures of you. You’ll also require to remit the necessary expenses to the center by postal cash order. Shortly after the center processes your application for registration, it’ll issue you the HSK Permit as well as the “HSK Examinees’ Handbook.” The time and venue of the HSK will likely be specified on the HSK Permit.
5. The “HSK Outline,” sample HSK examination papers and pertinent tapes for listening comprehension can be found from your HSK center.
Test Center Search：